Find information on common issues.
Ask questions and find answers from other users.
Suggest a new site feature or improvement.
Check on status of your tickets.
12 Dec 2016
Dear All, we are earnestly seeking your critical suggestions for improve cdmHUB. Any inputs are greatly appreciated.
13 Dec 2016
- I'd look at Wolfram Alpha and somewhat try to emulate that. It's one of the most useful quick web-based mathematical tools around, and that's somewhat what you're looking to make this... a tool to allow users to get answers to difficult problems quickly. They allow for simple inputs, there are big buttons for each major category it solves for, and they have nice examples of the capabilities.
- The tools are what you're touting, make it more prominent on the home page. Actually, make everything more prominent on the home page. No one wants to see a few pictures scrolling through that are blowing up for a few seconds, with tiny little words at the top to tell you there is more to the website. Make the capabilities known immediately, make them stand out. If people are coming to this website they already know composites are the future.
- There are spelling errors noticeable right away, such as "Cconstitutive modeling" under the Tag thing. Some tools are capitalized, some are not. This just screams "amateur."
- The tools need to be reorganized and gone through with a fine tooth comb, because "composite analysis, composite beams, composite mechanics, composites, composites manufacturing, and composites processing" all kind of sound similar. There are at least three places to find CLPT. Really?
- The outputs to many of the tools are unreadable. Trying to understand the random strings of numbers is nearly impossible. For example, running the default CLPT code, the Q Bar Matrix looks, well, like random numbers, almost like equations when there is 2.6236e+10-2.2704e+10-2.2704e+10 with no spaces, no formatting whatsoever. Right below it there's the ABD matrix that looks like 2.66e7 is in the 3,2 spot, until you realize it's pushed over by one space because there's actually a 0 in the 2,3 spot. Nicely formatted output would clear things up and would have made me more interested in using it over building my own code for all of this.
Please login to answer the question.
13 Dec 2016
These are all very good comments. It will be difficult for us to emulate Wolfram Alpha as we are not providing one tool, but providing a platform for others to share their tools and knowledge with the community. Some of the comments specifically about tools should be provided as a review to the specific tools so that the corresponding tool developers will improve. If you have a code, feel free to share.
14 Dec 2016
I believe the comment about tool descriptions and tags implies that there should be some type of moderation. Some cdmHUB personnel responsible for making sure tags are appropriate, descriptions are appropriate, all titles are similarly formatted, etc... There aren't many tools to begin with. So, going through the currently existing ones is possible, and moderating any new submissions is possible.
Answer this question