Forum

How to predict the moisture expansion coefficients βx, βy, βz using 3D FEA based RVE analysis ?

1. Nagappa Siddgonde

Dear sir,

I need to calculate the hygral properties such as moisture expansion coefficients βx, βy, βz using 3D FEA based RVE analysis. Can anyone suggest how to predict these properties is it possible to predict using 3D FEA based RVE analysis in Abaqus/Ansys if so please let me know. Let us assume initially  we have hygral properties of  fiber and matrix, so  that how to predict the homogenized hygral properties ie βx, βy, βz   

2. Wenbin Yu

You can use SwiftComp, conduction analysis. analysis_flag=2. ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu
  3. Nagappa Siddgonde

Dear sir,  I am using swiftComp tool but I need to validate my swiftComp results with  3D FEA is it possible to develop code in Abaqus/ Ansys.  if so please let me know/ suggest me  some material  for the same 

4. Wenbin Yu

Of course, it is possible. You just need to write out the theory and apply the right boundary conditions correspondingly. ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu