Forum

Abaqus-SwiftComp GUI 1.2.2 Installation

1. Thomas Murphey

Hi,

I'm installing the Abaqus-SwiftComp GUI and ran into a couple issues. Following the Quick Start instructions, first, I could not find the short cut file. Using the Quick Start command approach instead, I open the Abaqus Command window, navigate to my SwiftComp GUI directory and execute "abaqus cae –custom SwiftCompGUI.py" The GUI loads and appears to operate. The only issue with this approach is on exit, I get the following errors:

C:SCASC>abaqus cae -custom SwiftCompGUI.py
    Successfully checked out QAE/40 from DSLS server carp
    Successfully checked out QPT/40 from DSLS server carp
    Abaqus License Manager checked out the following license:
    "QAE" from DSLS server carp
    <20 out of 60 licenses remain available>.
    libpng warning: Ignoring incorrect gAMA value when sRGB is also present
    igamma = 45455
    libpng warning: Ignoring incorrect gAMA value when sRGB is also present
    igamma = 45455
    Exception TypeError: 'expected 1 arguments, got 2' in  ignored

C:SCASC>

I also attempted to follow the "Installation" instructions. My first question is, what is my abaqus_home_directory? I ask because I found the abaqus.aev file in two places. Which one should I edit?

C:SIMULIACAE2017win_b64SMAsite

C:Program FilesDassault SystemesSimulationServicesV6R2017xwin_b64SMAsite

I not familiar with Unix syntax, so is this the correct change (see underlined text at end, in windows syntax it's c:SCASC)?

PYTHONPATH $ABA_PATH:$ABA_PATH/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib/lib-tk:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib/site-packages:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/$PYVERDIRNAME/DLLs:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib/$PYVERDIRNAME:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib-tk:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib/$PYVERDIRNAME/site-packages:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib-dynload:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/lib:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/lib/lib-tk:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/lib/site-packages:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/DLLs:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/lib/$PYVERDIRNAME:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/lib/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib-tk:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/lib/$PYVERDIRNAME/site-packages:$ABA_PATH/tools/SMApy/lib/$PYVERDIRNAME/lib-dynload:C/SC/ASC.:$PYTHONPATH

Similar questions on adding "swiftcomp cae –custom SwiftCompGUI" to abaqus.app. The file is in the same two places, which one should I edit? And where exactly should it go? I assumed the CAE block as below, but this does not work.

#BEGIN CAE Stack Section

abauserapp
    cae
    kneeApp     cae -custom kneeApp -nost
    movieplayer
    pde             
    PDE             pde
    perl            SMAExternal/perl
    pngdiffs     pngdiffs
    Python       python
    qadump         qadump
    viewer