Forum

Effective Piezoelectric properties By Using ANSYS SwiftComp

1. Kishor Shingare

Dear all,

I want to evaluate effective Piezoelectric properties of Composite material by using ANSYS Swiftcomp . So tell me how to proceed for the same or how to input the file for Piezoelectric material?

Please tell me ? 

Thank You in advance.

2. Wenbin Yu

The Interface is not possible to handle piezoelectric material directly. You can read SwiftComp manual to implement that part into the interface easily yourself. Or just change the sc file manually. 

3. Kishor Shingare

Ok Sir, I will check it. 

Also regarding Dehomogenization Process - How to give input in this step ? 

If there is having any manual regarding How to calculate Piezoelectric property by Manually of changing .sc file manually so please provide.

Thank You.

4. Hamsasew Sertse

Hi Kishor,

You can get it from SwiftComp manual. There is a description for each input line for both homogenization and dehomogenization. But once you modified it, you may need to run it using commad line/cmd.

Ham

5. Kishor Shingare

Thank You sir,

Also where is this option -

analysis 3,4,5,6

Isotropy - 0,1,2,4,6

Am searching for Piezoelectric properties !!!

Also sir guide me regarding how to give input for Piezoelectric material ?

Thank You.

6. Hamsasew Sertse

Hi Kishor

The first line has four integers. These are: 

analysis (analysis type)   elem_flag(element type)   trans_flag(transformation of element orientation)    temp_flag (temperature if uniform or not in the SG)

If you are running piezoelectric problem, your analysis type should be 3-piezoeletric/piezo magnetic 

Your first line can be: 3   0  0  0. This shows piezoelectric/piezomagnetic analysis, with regular element, no need to reorient the element, temp is uniform.

As described in the manual if you analysis=3,4,5,6, then you need to provide 18 piezoelectric coefficients. 

Since you are running analysis=3, you need to provide 18 coefficients.

The inputs for your case may be:

1   0   1 ! Material#  Isotropic  ntemp

e11 e12 e13 e14 e15 e16
    e21 e22 e23 e24 e25 e26
    e31 e32 e33 e34 e35 e36

k

or if 

1   1   1  !!Material#  orthotropic ntemp

e11 e12 e13 e14 e15 e16
    e21 e22 e23 e24 e25 e26
    e31 e32 e33 e34 e35 e36

k11 k22 k33

The eij are the components of submatrix for piezoelectric coefficients. You may check them in the manual.

Hope this helps.

Ham

7. Kishor Shingare

Thank You, Hamsasew Sertse

But its for coding lines. But if i want to give input by GUI then how to proceed for Piezoelectric Problem Analysis ?

For Example, I want to put these data by Using ANSYS SwiftComp GUI ie. by using Graphics on screen like Preprocessor > Material prop > .........

e11 e12 e13 e14 e15 e16
    e21 e22 e23 e24 e25 e26
    e31 e32 e33 e34 e35 e36

Thank You Sir.

8. Kishor Shingare

Thank You, Hamsasew Sertse

But its for coding lines. But if i want to give input by GUI then how to proceed for Piezoelectric Problem Analysis ?

For Example, I want to put these data by Using ANSYS SwiftComp GUI ie. by using Graphics on screen like Preprocessor > Material prop > .........

e11 e12 e13 e14 e15 e16
    e21 e22 e23 e24 e25 e26
    e31 e32 e33 e34 e35 e36

Then How to check Output for Same Piezoelectric Problem.

Because i Have checked Effective Elastic Properties directly by homogenization but i have to check it for Piezoelectric Effective Properties.

In Homogenization window there is option Piezoelectric constant under Elastic Constant but i have problem regarding how and where to input and output data by GUI.

Thank You Sir

0.4-fine-mesh.PNG

9. Hamsasew Sertse

Hi Kishor,

Using GUI, you can only obtain effective elastic properties. For your case, please use a command line. Open your input file (   .sc file) and modify as as per the manual and run it using a command line.

Ham

10. Kishor Shingare

Hi Sir,

Open your input file (   .sc file) means After Homogenisation file we get ?? Is it write sir.

and modify as as per the manual and run it using a command line i.e we have to type in command line a command...right sir.

If you have any Reference solved question of Piezoelectric properties of material then i will go like it.?

Sir please please help me to come out these problem of effective Piezoelectric properties by ANSYS Swiftcomp ?

I am comfortable with Effective Elastic properties because i got this.

Thank You in advance.

11. Hamsasew Sertse

Hi Kishor,

Ansys-SwiftComp GUI does not support analysis of effective Piezoelectric properties. If you are comfortable with elastic properties and if you are using the same SG or unit cell to perform effective Piezoelectric properties, then you can go to the analysis folder and open your input file with the extension  (.sc). Once you open the input file, you can modify your input lines as per the manual.

For example, 

First line, for elastic analysis 0 0 0 0

In your case, it should be 3 0 0 0

And also on the material properties line, you will modify as I mentioned to you previously and more importantly please follow the directions described in the user’s manual.

Ham

12. Hamsasew Sertse

Hi Kishor,

Ansys-SwiftComp GUI does not support analysis of effective Piezoelectric properties. If you are comfortable with elastic properties and if you are using the same SG or unit cell to perform effective Piezoelectric properties, then you can go to the analysis folder and open your input file with the extension  (.sc). Once you open the input file, you can modify your input lines as per the manual.

For example, 

First line, for elastic analysis 0 0 0 0

In your case, it should be 3 0 0 0

And also on the material properties line, you will modify as I mentioned to you previously and more importantly please follow the directions described in the user’s manual.

Ham

13. Kishor Shingare

Thank You sir.

I will try it then i let you know what happen about result.

Sir analysis folder means ?

Thank you for your instant reply.

14. Hamsasew Sertse

You can find it on working directory.

Ham

15. Kishor Shingare

Sir from Swiftcomp when we are going to model 3D SG then it is in XYZ direction coordinate but i want XYZ and my Z direction should represent fiber but in Swiftcomp 3d SG X direction represent Fiber Direction ....

Also i have sent one screenshot shot of this 3d SG in that fiber in X direction last time..

And i have attached screenshot of model in ansys with fiber in Z direction.

How to do this in Swiftcomp ?

Thankuuu 

IMG-20180226-162020.jpg

16. Hamsasew Sertse

If you create the geometry by yourself, you need to model the fiber in x direction but if you use from SwiftComp built-in model, the SwiftComp will understand  x direction, thereofore you do not need to worry about it.

Ham

17. Kishor Shingare

Thanks sir.

But i want to model the model in such a way that my fiber must b in Z direction.

So, what will i do ?

How to model in both way...i.e 

1. Fiber in X direction

2. Fiber in Z direction

Thank You sir

18. Hamsasew Sertse

If that is what you want, you can model fiber in Z-direction by your own and run the analysis. But I cannot see the reason to model fiber in Z direction. If you model fiber in x direction and after obtaining the effective properties you can apply rotation tensor to obtain equivalent properties.

Ham

19. Kishor Shingare

Ok sir thank you so much sir.

I will do that.

Thanks again Sir.

20. Kishor Shingare

Thank You, Hamsasew Sertse Sir,

I got this input file as  File.sc Also run on command line the SwiftComp File.sc.glb 3D L for dehogenization. But then for global behavior how i manually do the change. Because i want results after dehogenization.

The inputs for Piezoelectric case - 

e11 e12 e13 e14 e15 e16
    e21 e22 e23 e24 e25 e26
    e31 e32 e33 e34 e35 e36

k

How to enter the values in this.

Also in directory It contains more than one File.sc then which one i should select as input file.

Thank You sir.