Forum

Question on Abaqus-SwiftComp GUI

1. shao buer

I am doing homogenization of a grid structure to obtain its effective Properties, since I assigned discrete local coordinates to the crosssection, thing information for each element can only be found in the Abaqus input file. In the dialog, I choose 'Input File' as 'Model source', but it doesn't work. In order to verify my thoughts I make a very simple example, as shown in Figure 1. This time I give the structure an isotropic cross-section property, so it is possible to choose either ‘CAE’ or ‘Input file’ as the 'Model Source'. The result is that ‘CAE’ is successful, but 'Input file' is a failure.

Figure 1

2. shao buer

This is the case where ‘CAE’ is used as 'Model Source' and it can run successfully.

QQ------20181017101811.png

3. shao buer

This is the case where ‘CAE’ is used as 'Model Source'. After clicking ‘ok’, an error will be reported.

QQ------20181017101652.png

4. Su Tian

Hello Shao,

Thank you for your feedback. We are working on this issue. It will be fixed soon.

5. Su Tian

Hello Shao,

The GUI has been updated. Please check the download page.

Please let us know if there are other issues.

6. shao buer

Hello Su

First of all, thank you for your help. I have downloaded the latest version of GUI, which can be calculated for isotropic structures. But for orthotropic or anisotropic structures, it can not be calculated. I don't know if my modeling method is wrong. As shown in the figure below, the information displayed by Message Area just stops at Materials.

Figure 1

7. shao buer

My modeling steps are:

First, create a geometric structure;

Second, create an orthogonal material and create a corresponding section;

Third, the section is assigned to various cells of the geometry;

Fourth, assign material orientation ;

Fifth, create a part instance;

Sixth, mesh the part;

Seventh, creat a job and write intput file.

Figure 2

8. shao buer

In order to verify my thoughts, I try to do an example of section 3.4 "Cross-Section with Arbitrary Shape" on Abaqus SwiftComp_GUI_v1.2.2_Manual. As shown in the figure below, the same problem has occurred.

Figure 3

9. Su Tian

Hi Shao,

This is the problem of not setting default density properly. The fixed scripts have been uploaded. I also tried your example and it should work now.

10. shao buer

Hello Su

Thanks for your help. But when I do the example of section 3.4 "Cross-Section with Arbitrary Shape" on Abaqus SwiftComp_GUI_v1.2.2_Manual. the error messages pop out as show below. I want to know why this happens.

Figure 1

11. Su Tian

Hi Shao,

Please try the updated gui and let me know if there are other issues.

12. shao buer

Hi Su

Thanks for your help. Everything is ok.