Forum

Can't find elementary entities in Swiftcomp

1. pengyu cao

Dear professor yu and his group members:

I was encountering  a problem when using swiftcomp analyzing composite beams,I cannot find "elementary entities" in geometry part in the swiftcomp software. Can anyone offer me help^_^?

Sincerely 

Pengyu

2. khadija ouajjani

Hello Pengyu,

I'm not part of Dr. Yu's team but I did encounter this question before: I think you are using the Gmsh version provided in the server.

If you download Gmsh here : http://gmsh.info/ (it's free), you can have access to the option. Just unzip the file and run the Gmsh.exe and you will get it in the geometry tree.

Thanks to the new upload/transfer options in the server, you can always upload your model to the server.

I hope this helps.

3. Xin Liu

Hi Khadija,

Thanks a lot for helping answer this question.

Hi Pengyu,

The elementary entities in geometry part has been disabled in the online version. We find the code is not very robust for customized SG using elementary entities, and to avoid further confusions, we disabled elementary entities function and only allow users to create SG using common SG function. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best

4. pengyu cao

Hello, ouajjani:

I have already settled the question^_^,Thank you very much for answering my question.