Forum

2D Reissner-Mindlin Plate/shell model

1. LIU LIU

Dear one,

Now I am writing my own input file for the SwiftComp homogenization. I wants to obtain 8*8 stiffness matrix for a 2D Reissner-Mindlin Plate model. I revised the example given with the installation file and the name of the input file is Plate1D.sc2. I added one more material and remeshed the model. I alos revised the integer from 0 to 1.  The homogenization finished successfully. However only 6*6 stiffness matrix is given, which is for the 2D Kirchhoff-Love plate. I wonder although the model is simple, one the first integer is 1, then 8*8 stiffness matrix is supposed to be give in the *.k file. The input file is given in the attachment. Does anyone know the reason ?

2. Banghua Zhao

Hi Liuliu,

I think that the Reissner-Mindlin Plate model hasn't been included in the current version of SwiftComp yet. Even if the submodel integer is changed to be 1, it will still run the Kirchhoff-Love plate model. It will be added soon I guess.

Note, for beam model, both Euler–Bernoulli beam model and Timoshenko beam model are included.

Banghua

3. Banghua Zhao

Dear Prof. Liu,

We can send you VAPAS (Variational Asymptotic Plate And Shell Analysis) to run 1D SG for 2D Reissner-Mindlin Plate model. Could you let me know your email address?

Banghua

4. LIU LIU

Thanks a lot for your quick response. My email address is liuliu@bit.edu.cn. What do I need to run your VAPAS  ? Similar with the SwiftComp with a input file ? We really appreciate your work and effort to make the tool work. If our related work can be published, we would like to add you as a coauthor. Prof. Yu agrees with me as well.

5. Banghua Zhao

Prof. Liu,

I will send you an email with VAPAS file, readme file, and example files attached. I will explain the detail in the email.

6. Ernesto Camarena

I also need a Reissner-Mindlin Plate model. Will it be possible for me to receive VAPAS as well? Note, I currently have a 30 day trial of SwiftComp. If so, I'll email you my email address.

Best,