Forum

Errors with SwiftComp and Questions about SwiftComp

1. oemer

Hello,

I’m writing my Masterthesis at the University of Stuttgart (Germany). And at the moment I’m modeling a non linear Pressfit contact (in ANSYS) of an printed circuit board (PCB) – which is an Composite.

My Question is, can i use SwiftComp to get a dehomogenized Material for Ansys ? If yes, how do i implement it so that Ansys can work with it?

One PCB is a 0°,45°,90° and the other one is 0°,90° firbed composite. So i need different deformation in each direction. I’m kinda wondering if i can work with SwiftComp to solve this problem.

And also i get following error, when i want to start SwiftComp (Standard) – over “LAUNCH TOOL”

“Unable to find tool.xml file. It should be located at “/app/scstandard/r10/rappture/tool.xml”

I would be really glad, if someone could help me out and answer my Questions :-)

Thank you for your Time.

Best regards Ömer

2. Wenbin Yu

What type of elements you want to use to model your structure in ANSYS. SwiftComp should be able to help you. Our IT folks is currently working fixing the issues with SwiftComp. It should be up soon.

3. oemer

Hello Prof. Yu,

thank you for your quick respond.

I’m going to use Solid-Elements.

4. Wenbin Yu

Yes, you should be able to use SwiftComp to get effective properties for you to use for solid186 in terms of the microstructure, that is the details the element corresponds to. My IT folks is working on bringing SwiftComp online soon.

5. Hamdi Mawloud

Hi, I am using Abaqus_SwiftComp_GUI (3D orthogonal textile plate), I get the message: Error from factor and solve of sparse solver with info%flag=-38
    Please help me. Thank you

6. Wenbin Yu

It is very possible that you had an unsuccessful run of swiftcomp. Please delete the four temp files SCInt SCReal SCTemp SCWork -------- Original message -------- From: "Hamdi Mawloud @ cdmHUB - The Composites HUB" <support@cdmhub.org> Date: 7/15/18 06:14 (GMT-05:00) To: "Yu, Wenbin" <wenbinyu@purdue.edu> Subject: cdmHUB - The Composites HUB Forum: yugroup - Errors with SwiftComp and Questions about SwiftComp -------- Original message -------- From: "Hamdi Mawloud @ cdmHUB - The Composites HUB" <support@cdmhub.org> Date: 7/15/18 06:14 (GMT-05:00) ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu