Forum

ABAQUS-SwiftComp GUI is available

1. Reza Sourki

Thanks for your comment Bo.

This is the procedure I go through each time.

Still it freezes when I try to dehomogenize it (see the attached picture) and have to close the whole software.

Abaqus-SC2.JPG

2. Bo Peng

In the *.sc file, you should have these inputs before node coordinates:

0        #plate/shell model
    0 0
    0 0 1 0       #analysis elemflag transflag tempflag
    3 4096 3375 2 0 0                 #nSG nnode nelem nmate nslave nlayer

From the warning, it can be seen that these part, especially the third row, is not correct.

3. Reza Sourki

I checked it, it lacked the first two rows! (But why?)

Now, another error pops up (see the attached files). Isn't it suppose to give the fields outputs we chose for the macro model?

Abaqus-SC3.JPG

4. Bo Peng

1. Because you did not select plate model when you generate the .sc file when you are using Texgen4SC.

2. This error message pops us because the dehomogenization is not successfully conducted.

5. Reza Sourki

Because in TexGen4SC, unitcell is a solid model.

I went through the process by choosing plate model in TexGen4SC and homogenized it. Now in dehomogenization step this error pops up.

Abaqus-SC4.JPG

6. Bo Peng

1. The plate model means the homogenized model is plate, not your solid FE model.

2. The problem may caused by your outdated Abaqus SwiftComp GUI. Please download the updated GUI from Cdmhub.

7. Xin Liu

The unticell is called SG in the MSG theory. The dimension of the SG is not the dimension of the model you are using. For MSG plate model, your SG (unticell) can be 1D, 2D or 3D structure. 

8. Reza Sourki

Yes, I know thanks Xin.

I'm using the updated GUI.

Bo, could you take pictures/make video of the process from TexGen4SC and then importing it in Abaqus-SC GUI for a very simple problem?

I assume there is a step missing in the process or Abaqus-SC cannot properly carry out analysis on TexGen4SC files.

I went through the steps and chose different models from the first step. There is nothing here I can change.

9. Bo Peng

You just need to specify 2D for the homogenized model in TexGen4SC if you don't want to manually add the first two rows in the .sc file. The other information in the .sc file is exactly the same. So you don't need to worry about the import of the *.sc file.

I cannot think of any reason that you have this error. I attached the GUI I used in my computer which can successfully conduct your analysis. Maybe you want to try this GUI.

10. Reza Sourki

>Yes correct, I noticed the difference between those models.

I tried that, was the same one I had, still get the previous error that the length of data sequence is incorrect.

11. Bo Peng

Sorry, I cannot think of any reason that you cannot run it. I can do it on my computer very fluently. You can check the results I sent to you, which may help you get a clue.

12. Wenbin Yu

Bo, can you do a video capture of the steps you used to generate the results? That might be helpful too. ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu
  13. Reza Sourki

Thank you Professor Yu, very appreciated.

Thank you Bo for your video.

I've done the same process, even I used the same file Bo has attached previously and used in the video (unitcellsplate.sc), surprisingly I still receive the previous error regarding the length of data sequence.

Abaqus-SC5.JPG

14. Wenbin Yu

Can you try on a different computer? If you still have the same error, Bo might be able to set up a webex session for her to debug your problem. ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu
  15. Reza Sourki

Thank you, yes that's what I was up to.

Will inform you, thanks in advance as always.

>I went through the process with a new computer, got the same error. 

>What is the system and the version of Abaqus you are using? I may try to use a PC with similar specifications and the same Abaqus version. 

Abaqus-SC6.jpg

16. Wenbin Yu

Is that because the version of your abaqus? ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu
  17. Reza Sourki

I am not sure yet whether that's the problem or not. I have the 2017 version on both systems.

>Bo, Xin, could you let me know about your system specifications and the Abaqus version you are working with. Thank you.

18. Bo Peng

I can work on both 6.14 and 6.13, and one of our group member also can successfully use it on Abaqus 2017. 

19. Wenbin Yu

Is it possible for you to create a remote login account for us to debug your issue? ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu