Forum

SwiftComp 1.2 is available along with a significantly updated user manual

1. Wenbin Yu

Dear All, 

SwiftComp 1.2 is available for release. The added capability is to deal with aperiodic structures/materials, partially periodic structures/materials. It can also handle periodic structures/materials which is very difficulty to create a periodic mesh. Also the user manual is significantly updated. 

Wenbin

2. Anonymous

Thank you Professor for the updated version. The new manual is also very comprehensive and helpful. I have a few questions though. 

1) If I get an error message in the command window like the one in Fig. 1 (in the attached PDF file) , can I check y1, y2 and y3 at the same time like I did in Fig. 2? 

2) I am trying to get the homogenized properties of a simple square pack array. Should I submit the job first before clicking on the Homogenization button? 

3) Currently I am clicking on the Homogenization button before submitting the job. But I am getting an error message in the command window which is shown in Fig. 3. Then I am trying to run the problem from command window. I am typing SwifComp   proble_name.cae   2D   H. But then I am getting error message shown in Fig. 4.  

Could you please help me in this regard? 

Thanks a ton in advance! 

3. Wenbin Yu

Have you used the new executable? You need to ask for a new version of SwiftComp.exe.

Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu
  4. Haodong Du

Hi everyone, 

1. Could somebody tell me where to find the most up to date version of the manual? I can't find it anywhere on cdmhub.

2. What's the structure of .sn file of dehomogenization?  I want to know this for the sake of post-processing stuff. 

It looks like

#element 1

node 1 of element 1

node 2 of element 1

node n of element 2

#element 2

Just want to be sure

Thanks

5. Wenbin Yu

Try https://cdmhub.org/resources/scstandard/supportingdocs. ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu
  6. Haodong Du

There's the Manual for Gmsh4SC on that page, but not SwiftComp User Manual.