Report a problem

About you
About the problem
Close

Forum

Learn multiscale modelling of composites

1. Danish Handa

Respected Sir,

I am doing research on machining of composites. However, I have seen papers regarding multiscale modelling. I want to learn the same as I am working on woven composites. What is the best way to start the multiscale modelling? Please guide me with this thank you.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Danish Handa

1. Wenbin Yu

I don’t have particular suggestions for books. ---- Emailed forum response from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Wenbin Yu

1. Danish Handa

Thank you sir. I will read this papers and get back to you for further discussion. Thank you for the help.

Report abuse

2. Matias Sessa

PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE ME. The unsubscribe link does not work. Thank you, Matias -----Original Message----- ---- Emailed forum response from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Matias Sessa

3. Wenbin Yu

Dear Matias, I am sorry that the unsubscribe link does not work. I have reported this to our IT team and it should have been taken care of. -----Original Message----- ---- Emailed forum response from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Wenbin Yu

4. Wenbin Yu

You can start by reading the following two papers and ask questions. And also try TexGen4SC on cdmHUB.

1. Liu, X.; Rouf, K.; Peng, B.; and Yu, W.: “Two-Step Homogenization of Textile Composites Using Mechanics of Structure Genome,” Composite Structures, vol. 171, 2017, pp. 252-262.
      2. Rouf, K.; Liu, X.; and Yu, W.: “Multiscale Structural Analysis of Textile Composites Using Mechanics of Structure Genome,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 136-137, 2018, pp. 89-102.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Wenbin Yu

5. Danish Handa

Thank you so much. Sir, can you suggest any book or what else I need to read in order to work on failure analysis of woven composites. I am basically working on machining of composites and need to model machining processes using woven fibers. I will go through the papers and get back to you. If possible, can you suggest anything else if you feel I need to go through at the initial stage?

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Danish Handa