• Discoverability Visible
  • Join Policy Restricted
  • Created 11 Aug 2017

RVE analysis with PBC

1. Lohit Gudivada

Hi Bo,

Thanks for your help. I have been able to obtain the results for KUBC and SUBC.

However, I am facing issues with PBC after I submit the job. The error I am getting is :

"27 nodes are missing degree of freedoms. The MPC/Equation/kinematic coupling constraints can not be formed."

I thought it was because I had obtained a warning that few of the master nodes could not find slave nodes. I tried using a structured mesh but could not resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Lohit Gudivada

Report abuse

2. Bo Peng

Basically these are 2 different problems:

1.  You may have some extra constraints or boundary conditions in your model, check your constraints to see if there are extra constraints because you remeshed your model, or kept the constraints of KUBC or SUBC model.

2. The mesh maybe not periodic enough. You can change lim to a smaller value like 3.

lim = 5 # the accuracy limit digit for seeking the corresponding node pairs

Report abuse

3. Lohit Gudivada

Hi Bo and others who have completed PBC,

I haven't been able to resolve this issue even after multiple attempts at changing the "lim" value, changing the mesh refinement and mesh element types.

The error I get after submitting the job for analysis is : "2151 nodes are missing degree of freedoms. The MPC/Equation/kinematic coupling constraints can not be formed. The nodes have been identified in node set ErrNodeMissingDofConstrDef." 

I have no idea what to do. What else could I be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Lohit.

Report abuse

4. Lohit Gudivada

Ohh I found my error. I had an indentation error in my script which I had overlooked. Sorry for the confusion.

Report abuse