This tool version is unpublished and cannot be run. If you would like to have this version staged, you can put a request through HUB Support.
SwiftComp™ provides an efficient and accurate computational tool for modeling composite materials and structures. It can be used either independently as a tool for virtual testing of composites or as a plugin to power conventional FEA codes with high-fidelity multiscale modeling for composites. Based on the Mechanics of Structure Genome, SwiftComp enables engineers to model composites as black aluminum, capturing details as needed and affordable. This saves orders of magnitude in computing time and resources without sacrificing accuracy, while enabling engineers to tackle complex problems impossible with other tools.
- Virtual testing of composites
- Mechanical properties: elastic constants, static strength
- Conductivities, dielectric, magnetic, and diffusive properties
- Coefficients of thermal expansion and specific heat
- Electromagnetic properties
- Multiscale modeling of composites
- 3D composite structures: binary composites, fiber reinforced composites, particle reinforced composites, textile composites, short fiber composites, porous materials, foams, and other heterogeneous materials
- Composite plates/shells: laminates, stiffened panels, corrugated structures, perforated structures, sandwich structures, unitized structures, and more
- Composite beams: helicopter rotor blades, wind turbine blades, high-aspect wings, golf clubs, fishing rod, and other slender composites structures
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: