Forum

Use abaqus for Woven composite

1. Anonymous

Hello! I want use abaqus for simulation woven composites materials. Have got person can do it? Can help me?

My email: shipbuilding_dta10@yahoo.com

Thanks so much

IMG-20171010-131811.jpg

2. Xin Liu

Hi,

Do you want to get the effective properties of this RVE using Abaqus or  you want to do some other simulations? Maybe a little bit extra information about your simulation would be helpful. If you just want to get effective properties of this RVE, you can use TexGen4SC on cdmhub. It is very easy to use and you can find the tutorial video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSjZ-boG4Bg&list=PLGwp8OYDfmxFhtnDNJVRUJ8J-HP8FsnIU .

3. nguyen duc hai

Hi,

I have watched your video, I very like it, it is very fast for get the effective properties. But now I want to do some other simulations such as this file attachment 

4. Xin Liu

Thanks a lot for your interest. I have been trying to extract the file, but I cannot make it work. Can you archive them into .zip or attach the files individually?

5. nguyen duc hai

thanks for your help. this is file. docx

6. Xin Liu

Hi,

Thank you for your document. It looks like you want to perform failure analysis based on woven unit cell. TexGen4sc can generate Abaqus inp file for woven unit cell, you just need to import the inp file into Abaqus, and use existing failure criterions in the software or code your own failure criterions through umat. The new SwiftComp with static failure analysis will be released very soon, which can achieve the same goal as if you do static failure analysis in Abaqus.

7. nguyen duc hai

thanks for your ideas. Yes, I wantto perform failure analysis based on woven unit cell. Now, I make geometry in texGen and then import into Abaqus, but I done not well. You have video for this work, can you help me? And then send to me video new SwiftComp with static failure analysis, I want do and compare this result.

thanks for your help

8. Xin Liu

To import woven unit cell from TexGen to Abaqus is very easy. After you create your unit cell, just go to "File->Export->ABAQUS File" and choose the element type and mesh size as you want to generate ABAQUS inp file. You can find more details at TexGen website.

There are many ways to perform failure analysis in Abaqus, you should pick the criterion you want to use. You can refer some composites textbooks to see the options and read some literature about failure analysis at unit cell level. Unfortunately,  I don't have any examples about your topic at this point. Once the new version of SwiftComp released, I will make a video about failure analysis of woven UC and upload it to our youtube channel.

9. nguyen duc hai

thank you for your attention to my problem, i'm a beginner researching this field. If you can help me with a video then I am very happy. when is once the new version of SwiftComp released? I am very looking forward to it to help me evaluate woven composite, If you can do texGen and import to Abaqus then compare with new version of SwiftComp. It is very very well for us choose new version of SwiftComp. now, You have refer some composites textbooks to see the options? can you send to me. I want try do it. and I have a book, can you help me download? http://bestlibrary.co/download/abaqus-woven-material-tutorial.pdf thanhs for your help
  10. Xin Liu

I would suggest you to first read some literatures and books about this topic before performing simulation. You may need to make up some knowledge about RVE analysis and failure analysis of composites. A lot of mechanics of composites book have failure analysis chapter to introduce some classical failure theories, you can pick any of them which are available to you. I cannot download the book from the link above. I think there will be an announcement for releasing the new version of SwiftComp, but I don't know when the new version is ready.

11. nguyen duc hai

Thanks for your suggest. I have read some literatures and books and now I want simulation. I hope use the new version of SwiftComp