Forum

compare 3D RVE analysis by abaqus with texgen4sc

1. nguyen duc hai

I have read this paper "Two-step homogenization of textile composites using mechanics of structure genome" I want myself to try again check simulation this problem using Abaqus and compare with texGen4sc. Who can help me with a video! thanks

2. Xin Liu

You can follow this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSjZ-boG4Bg&list=LLqiIUid7Xj4JXlQskD7g7Iw&index=8 to see how to get effective properties of a 2D plain woven SG. 

3. nguyen duc hai

hi,

thank for your help! I have watched this Video and you have video help me do FEA using Abaqus, I want do Abaqus and compare, I have been, and now I want use Abaqus with for compare.

thanks 

4. Xin Liu

You are welcome. I don't have videos for RVE analysis using Abaqus. You can go to texgen website (http://texgen.sourceforge.net/index.php/Extraction_of_Material_Properties_using_Voxel_Meshing_and_Abaqus). It shows how to get effective properties from Abaqus using their scripts. Or you can write some scripts to apply periodic boundary conditions for your Abaqus model yourself.

5. AMRANE Belaid

hi Xin Liu 

i have a question, regarding a paper  "Two-step homogenization of textile composites using mechanics of structure genome" 

how can I measure the volume fraction of the fiber in the yarn?  experimentally of course,

in order to compare a homogenization result with experimental result ? (effective elastic properties of woven composite )

example

if i have 45% of fiber fraction in woven ply doesn't mean it's the same fraction in the yarn  ? 

6. Xin Liu

Hi Amrane,

In texgen, you can check the yarn volume fraction. Note that yarn volume fraction is not fibre volume fraction. You need to get fibre volume fraction in the yarns to perform first homogenization, and use the effective yarn properties to perform second homogenization for the fabric.

7. AMRANE Belaid

thank you for your response
    my second question it's how i get fibre volume fraction in the yarns to perform first homogenization ?  

8. Xin Liu

You are welcome. The fiber volume fraction should be obtained from the experiment. I am not very familiar with experiments, but I think it is not difficult. Sent from my iPhone ---- Emailed forum response from liu1512@purdue.edu
  9. Nagappa Siddgonde

you need to  do  X- ray microtomography test for your specimen,   then you need to calculate the volume of yarn,    after that divide final volume by initial volume of yarn, so you will get VF of yarn

10. Ulrike Kersten

Thank you for your e-mail. Kindly be informed that Ms. Ulrike Kersten is not available until 17th of June2018. For any urgent matters please contact my colleague Mr. Stefan Löser loeser@euros.de. With kind regards, Ulrike Kersten Diplom-Ingenieurin Design&Analysis EUROS Entwicklungsgesellschaft für Windkraftanlagen mbH Falkenberger Straße 146 A/B D-13088 Berlin Phone: +49/30/85 401 09-00 Direct dial: +49/30/85 401 09-220 Fax.: +49/30/85 401 09-29 URL: www.euros.de Registered at Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 61068 Managing directors: Katarzyna Schwarz, Jürgen Simon If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation. ---- Emailed forum response from kersten@euros.de
  11. Ulrike Kersten

Thank you for your e-mail. Kindly be informed that Ms. Ulrike Kersten is not available until 17th of June2018. For any urgent matters please contact my colleague Mr. Stefan Löser loeser@euros.de. With kind regards, Ulrike Kersten Diplom-Ingenieurin Design&Analysis EUROS Entwicklungsgesellschaft für Windkraftanlagen mbH Falkenberger Straße 146 A/B D-13088 Berlin Phone: +49/30/85 401 09-00 Direct dial: +49/30/85 401 09-220 Fax.: +49/30/85 401 09-29 URL: www.euros.de Registered at Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 61068 Managing directors: Katarzyna Schwarz, Jürgen Simon If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation. ---- Emailed forum response from kersten@euros.de
  12. Nagappa Siddgonde

you need to  do  X- ray microtomography test for your specimen,   based on X ray images you need to calculate the volume of the yarn,    after that divide initial volume of yarn (yarn volume before specimen made)by final volume of yarn, so you will get VF of yarn here final volume means after measuring the volume by x-ray microtomograpy test

13. nguyen duc hai

Hi Xin Liu,

befor I can used SwiftComp and texgenSc online for two step But now I can't. can you help me try it.

thanks

14. Xin Liu

Hi Nguyen,

I just tried SwiftComp and TexGen4SC on cdmHUB, they both work well. I don't understand what you mean by "can't". If you encounter some system or internet issues, you need send a ticket through your dashboard. 

15. nguyen duc hai

hi Xin Liu, befor I can used in here as picture but now haven't got. You can send to me links to try do it again? thanks

1.png

16. Xin Liu

Please use the following link https://cdmhub.org/resources/tools , and you should be able to use SwiftComp and TexGen4SC if you already got the access. If not, please require the access through cdmHUB.