Forum

Tex Gen weave Builder with material properties

1. Vivek Dhimole

Dear sir,

As we can model woven fabric in Tex Gen also we can do homogenization. Yarn is transversely isotropic and matrix isotropic as provided in Tex gen module, Can we define Woven yarn and matrix with required material properties like for matrix can we define visco-elastic or plastic and also can I change for yarn too.

Thank you!

Regards

2. Xin Liu

Hi Vivek,

No. You can only define elastic properties in TexGen4SC and TexGen. 

Xin

3. Vivek Dhimole

Hello Sir,

Ok, then what is the way to define a different model for yarn and matrix (SG). Can we also model 4 directional braided SG (RVE) in Tex Gen or Swift comp.

Thank you

4. Xin Liu

In general, there are at least two parts in a simulation: generate a model (geometry and mesh) and perform an analysis (define material model and run the analysis). TexGen is just a geometry and mesh generator. It is NOT a finite element software. The texgen can export inp file to Abaqus and the development team provides a script for you to perform RVE analysis in Abaqus to get thermoelastic properties. TexGen4SC is developed by integrating SwiftComp into texgen to provide homogenization analysis.

For your problem, you can export the model from texgen into Abaqus and define your material model in Abaqus. You can create any braided or textile SG (RVE) in texgen with scripts. I would like to suggest you to read the manuals of texgen and SwiftComp, then you will have a better understanding about your problems.

5. Vivek Dhimole

Ok sir, I will read again Tex Gen and swift comp manual. 

As I checked we can create weave in Tex Gen but there is not any option for braided and chopped fiber for SG.

Is there any other way in Tex Gen or outside to model braided and Chopped fiber SG.

6. Xin Liu

Read the texgen manual and you will find how to create braided using python scripts. You can only create some simple weave type SGs using texgen GUI, but you can create almost any textile form using scripts.

I don't think you can create chopped fibers in TexGen, this software is designed only for textile composites.

7. Vivek Dhimole

Ok, sir

I am attaching a one braided SG image can I model this. please find attachment.

Braided.PNG

8. Xin Liu

I think you can build this using a python script, but I don't know how to write the script. Like I mentioned, you need to study the manual as well as the example scripts in texgen to see how to create such a model.

9. Vivek Dhimole

Ok sir, I will try to right script.