Forum

Extract Result Error in structural Analysis Ansys Workbench

1. Vivek Dhimole

Dear sir,

I did Homogenization for 2D SG than Structural analysis with importing these homogenized Properties and calculated results till that everything went fine but when i tried to extract the result from element and than run again solver to get results of element level than error has occurred and it has created dump file. 

I have also attached that error message. 

Please check that. It has all done in Ansys workbench.

Best Regards

Vivek 

Dehogenization-extract-error.PNG

2. Banghua Zhao

Hi Vivek,

What ANSYS version are you using? It should work in version 19 series.

BTW, what element are you extracting the result on (beam, plate, or, solid)? Do you choose to run dehomogenization at the same time?

Best regards,

Banghua

3. Vivek Dhimole

Dear Sir,

Yes, the version is 19.2, solid element, I try with both yes and no condition of de-homogenization.

There is one more doubt, as in de-homozenization, we can import homogenized properties to give the macro model but at the same time in structural analysis under geometry section we have to assign any material also is that imported properties overwrite those material properties suppose if I assign copper or structural steel anything for geometry there will no effect of that just homogenized properties will be effective on that macro model, is it correct.

Best Regards

Vivek

4. Banghua Zhao

Hi Vivek,

You are correct! The imported homogenization material properties will overwrite the predefined material properties for your selected geometry body. There is no worry if you assigned copper or structural steel for geometry. The imported properties will overwrite them.

For the crash, currently, I am not sure what the cause is. I will add error handling in the future release. One possible error might come from the admin permission. Maybe you can try to give admin permission to your working directory to see if the error still exists.

Best regards,

Banghua 

5. Vivek Dhimole

Dear sir,

Ok, Thank you for your quick reply I recheck again with that.

Best Regards

Vivek