Forum

SwiftComp install issue

1. chengguang liu

Dear All:

Good morning (UK time). I have a question regarding install of SwiftComp software.

I managed to download the software, but when I try to install it, it doesn’t work. What happened is, after I double clicked the Swiftcomp.exe file, a command window just jump out and closed immediately. Nothing else happened.

It seems I cant install it.

Do you know what's going wrong?

Best regards

Chengguang

2. Wenbin Yu

You need to run the exe file under command line according to the readme file. ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu
  3. Selçuk Gedik

Dear All,

I have same problem too. Did you solve your problem? Could you help me?

4. Wenbin Yu

Please describe your specific problem, with screenshot if possible. ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu
  5. Selçuk Gedik

I tried to install swiftcomp. And I request the trial program for academic study from analyswift. They send me an email to install program that I send you jpeg file in attachment. But when I tried to install Swiftcomp.exe and clicking double just a black screen open then immediately closed. Nothing else happened. In e-mail (attachment jpg) second step "Run SwiftComp code (under command line)" but I could not understand what do I do after this step.

Thanks for your interest from now.

Best,

Selçuk

2.JPG

6. Wenbin Yu

Google how to run a command line code in Windows, you shall be able to get instructions. We are in the process to streamline the installation process and it should be much easier for the future release. ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu
  7. Banghua Zhao

Hi Chengguang and Selcuk,

The installation process is to add the path of SwiftComp.exe to the environment variable. The steps are following:

Step 1: Suppose you have downloaded the SwiftComp zip file. Then unzip it to a directory on your computer. For example, C:\MSGCodes (In MSGCodes folder, it contains SwiftComp.exe, SwiftCompG.exe, VABSIII.exe)

Step 2: Add C:\MSGCodes (The path of SwiftComp.exe) to the environment variable. In the Control Panel -> System and Security -> System, find Advanced system settings at the left and click it. Then Click Environment Variable. Next, find Path system variables and click Edit... Finally, click new and copy C:\MSGCodes to the blank. A picture of steps is attached.

step.PNG

8. Selçuk Gedik

First Thanks your help Sir. Sorry my lack of knowledge. I guess I did it. I have a screenshot to send you. After that host-name Selcuk-Asus and my operating system Windows 64-bit system. For licence file Are these knowledges enough?

Best,

Selçuk.

3.JPG

9. Banghua Zhao

You are almost here. 

Last step. You need to put a valid license file in your directory C:\Users\Selcuk\Desktop\SwiftComp1.2Release. To get a valid license file, you need to send computer name SELCUK-ASUS and your operating system Windows 64-bit to Dr. Wenbin Yu.

10. AMRANE Belaid

can anyone explain me how i can get a trial version of swiftcomp,
    i requested it and texted me this..

Capture.PNG

11. AnalySwift LLC

Dear Amrane,

Please respond to the email you received from AnalySwift with the information requested in order to receive a desktop version. 

Otherwise, you will find in the email the links to try the cloud version of SwiftComp.

Thanks,
    AnalySwift

12. AMRANE Belaid

Hi everyone.

i already Emailed Dr. Wenbin Yu for a valid license (three days ago).
    Should I wait more ?

thank you all

13. Wenbin Yu

Sorry for being late in responding. From: AMRANE Belaid @ cdmHUB - The Composites HUB <support@cdmhub.org> Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 7:20 PM To: Yu, Wenbin <wenbinyu@purdue.edu> Subject: cdmHUB - The Composites HUB Forum: yugroup - SwiftComp install issue ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@analyswift.com
  14. Anonymous

Hi,

I obtained a desktop version of swiftcomp from Prof Yu, I do all the things according to the readme file. As follows:

1, I download the swiftcomp zip file and unzip it into a file fold(in disk C)

2, I add the path to environment path

3 Then I obtained a license file 

4, I cope it to the same file folder(C:UsersPCDesktopCRTIansysswift)

5, I run the SwiftComp. exe with cmd , 

a command window just jump out and closed immediately. Nothing else happened

thank you!

Capture12.PNG

15. Wenbin Yu

If you want to test the running of the executable, you need to go to command line window to run the code according to the read me file. We are in the process to prepare a version for easier installation. ---- Emailed forum response from wenbinyu@purdue.edu