Forum

VAMUCH ANSYS INTERFACE

1. Balakrishnan Nagarajan

Respected Professor Yu,

Thank you very much for accepting me in this group. It is very impressive for me to see the capabilities of VAMUCH. I have taken up a modelling project which involves generating a RVE with random spherical inclusions (metallic) in a polymer matrix. My aim is to derive the elastic properties of the composite with various volume fractions of the spherical filler material. I would like to use VAMUCH ANSYS interface tool to do it. I have downloaded the zip files, but running VAMFILE.vam through command prompt mode tells me that it requires a special program to open the file or open file from the internet. Can you please help me in this regard? It will be helpful for me to complete my initial project and explore the possibilities to use it further for my PhD. I want to learn and use this tool as soon as possible. eagerly looking for your reply.

Balakrishnan Nagarajan

2. Wenbin Yu

Dear Balakrishman, we are in the process to updating the interface. It should be available very soon. You can try SwiftComp which has all the capability of VAMUCH, and directly with an interface online.