Forum

Initially curved composite tubular beams

1. saeid Khadem Moshir

Dear Prof. Yu,
    I have been modeling curved composite tubes using VABS. I installed iVABS but because it needs time to learn it I decided to use VABS 3.9 with ANSYS user interface to model composite tubes. 
    I use VABS to model composite curved tubes with VABS. The tubes have lay up of [-alpha/alpha] where alpha=0,15,30,45,60,90. The tubes have an inner radius of Ri=0.049 m and outer radius of Ro=0.059 m. The thickness of each layer is t=0.005 m. The tubes have initial curvatures of k2=0 (straight), 0.5  1/m  , 1,  1/m   and 1.5 1/m. The obtained cross-sectional stiffness matrices of straight and curved tubes are attached to this email. For the cases of curved tubes with k2=1.5, k2=1 and alpha=0 and 15 degree,  the diagonal stiffness constants are negative which seems to be not correct. While for the cases of alpha>15, the obtained values are completely correct. I validated the VABS results with ANSYS 3D and my solution as Pascal dimensional reduction method. 
    I appreciate it if you see the attached cross-sectional stiffness constants for different cases.
    Thank you 
    Sincerely 

Add Post

User photo

You must be logged in to comment.

Please keep comments polite and on topic. Offensive posts may be removed.