Close

Forum

Dehomogenisation of 2D SG

1. Alberto Racionero

Hello cdmHub community,

first of all, thank you for your amazing SwiftComp software.

I'd like to ask if there exist the possibility of calculating the heat flux over a 2D SG in Abaqus Swiftcomp GUI. So far, I managed to obtain the homogenised conductivity tensor of this kind of structure. However, I am not able to perform the dehomogenisation process. To be more precise, instead of asking for the Temperature gradient, Abaqus Swiftcomp GUI asks me for the strain tensor to be imposed, as you can see in the attached figure.

I don't know if I am missing some parts, but of course I chose Conduction as the analysis type when carrying out the homogenisation.

Moreover, when I am trying to reproduce one of the reference results of the classic elastic analysis type, Abaqus says that no step has been found

Thank you in advance,

Alberto

conductivity.png

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Alberto Racionero

1. Xin Liu

You can perform homogenization and de-homogenization of thermal conduction analysis using the most recent SwiftComp. The Abaqus SwiftComp GUI is not updated for the thermal homogenization and de-homogenization problems. 

Your understanding is correct. The temperature gradient is needed for the de-homogenization to get the heat flux.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Xin Liu

1. Alberto Racionero

Thank you for your swift response, Xin. I will try to perform these analyses using SwiftComp as you mentioned.

Report abuse