Close

Forum

Structural parameterization at the blade level

1. WenHao down the road Jiang

I want to know how to build an airfoil section distributed along the span with ivabs. The tutorial (https://wenbinyugroup.github.io/ivabs/ivabs/parameterization.html)gives the construction of a single section, but there is no detailed explanation on how to build an airfoil section distributed along the span.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to WenHao down the road Jiang

1. Su Tian

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Su Tian

Thank you for your answer ! I know the "oml.dat" stores the overall planform design of the blade, such as the airfoil name and chord length at each station.But  how can i get the "oml.dat" and the "prop.dat".Are these two files automatically generated by the software or do I need to modify them manually according to this template?

Report abuse

2. Su Tian

These files come from a specific rotor blade design environment provided by some uses and are not generated by iVABS. For airfoil name and chord length, you can define the distributions directly in the yml file just like other parameters. If you want to pass beam properties to other analysis tool, you can always create a 'script' (python) type analysis step and write those properties to any file formats you need. Or, you can let us know the file format you prefer and we may find a way to simply the data transferring process.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Su Tian

Thank you very much for your reply, I know how to operate, I will raise any questions in the future, thank you again for your answer!

Report abuse

3. WenHao down the road Jiang

hellow

I want to know how to modify the uh60_blade.yml file to generate a sectional stiffness matrix along the span direction, specifically at positions [0.1, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0]. The uh60_blade.yml file includes an optimization process, and whenever I remove the optimization process to directly generate the sectional stiffness matrix before optimization, I always encounter an error.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to WenHao down the road Jiang