This resource requires you to log in before you can proceed with the download.
PreVABS is a pre-processing tool for VABS and SwiftComp. This tool is designed to reduce the workload of preparing input files of beam cross sections for VABS and SwiftComp, and to make the process automatic for the design and optimization purpose. Cross sections with general and airfoil shapes can be created. The mesh and visualization capabilities are based on Gmsh. Please note what you download in the supporting document is the preprocessor only. You need to request VABS from AnalySwift.
Version 0.5 (01/31/2018)
- Added the capability to create nose mass in an airfoil type cross section.
- Added the post-processing function to visualize the recovered strains and stresses in Gmsh.
Version 0.4 (12/04/2017)
- Added the capability to read stacking sequence code.
- Added the parameter to set the number of straight lines to approximate an arc or circle.
- Changed the Gmsh input file name to '~.msh', where '~' is the cross section name.
Version 0.3 (11/27/2017)
- Updated the manual.
- Changed the default behaviour of the command with input file specified only to preparing VABS input (without running VABS).
- Changed the element tag '<origin>' to '<translate>'. Now the two numbers in this element moves base points and base lines, instead of the origin.
- Changed the element tag '<rotation>' to '<rotate>'.
- Changed the 'level' of a segment from an element to an attribute, with default 1.
- Changed the 'layup_direction' of a segment from an element to an attribute of the layup, with default "right".
- Changed the material type 'engineering constants' to 'orthotropic'.
- Set the default element type as "quadratic".
- Set the default mesh size to the smallest layer thickness.
Version 0.2 (11/14/2017)
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: