Close

Dear All, there are two channels for you to follow our research. 

1. We started a newsletter called Thoughts on Composites Modeling on LinkedIn. Please subscribe to it to get informed about our research and ideas we want to share with the community.

2. We moved our discussion forum to github at wenbinyugroup · Discussions · GitHub as it has more features which can serve you better. 

Wenbin 

Close

Forum

Abaqus-VABS GUI Issue

1. Dana Frye

Hello All, 

I am attempting to utilize the Abaqus-VABS GUI to aid in drawing the cross-sections and preparing VABS input files. I started out by downloading the code and example files from this location -> https://cdmhub.org/resources/939/supportingdocs. First and foremost I tried to run an unmodified example model in accordance with the directions in the Abaqus-VABS Interface Manual Nov 2016. When I tried to run the airfoil_automation example however, I get the following error (see attached figure and/or text below). Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this issue?

G:\Abaqus-VABS_GUI_v1.2.2\examples\airfoil_automation>abaqus cae noGui=runvabs.py -- Control.xml

Successfully checked out QAE/1 from DSLS server pdlx01.na.joby.aero
    Successfully checked out QAX/1 from DSLS server pdlx01.na.joby.aero
    Abaqus License Manager checked out the following license:
    "QAE" from DSLS server pdlx01.na.joby.aero
    <3 out of 5 licenses remain available>.
    Feature creation failed.
    File "runvabs.py", line 132, in <module>
        abaqus_input = createAirfoil(project_name, airfoil_main)
    File "G:\Abaqus-VABS_GUI_v1.2.2\examples\airfoil_automation\sg2DAirfoil.py", line 954, in createAirfoil
        ps = partitionPart(model, ps, ssp)
    File "G:\Abaqus-VABS_GUI_v1.2.2\examples\airfoil_automation\sg2DAirfoil.py", line 1576, in partitionPart
        part.PartitionFaceBySketch(faces = tuple(f), sketchUpEdge = d[2], sketch = s)

Abaqus Error: cae exited with an error.

Abaqus VABS Example Run Error Message

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Dana Frye

1. Wenbin Yu

Dana, the developer of Abaqus-VABS GUI is occupied with something urgent these days. I am curious why you want use this Abaqus-VABS GUI instead of PreVABS? 

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Wenbin Yu

2. Su Tian

Hello Dana,

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue on my computer. The script works fine for creating the VABS input file, although it is slow (more than 4 minutes). During the process, there should be a log file generated (*.log). Are there any messages inside showing where the process stops? Thank you.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Su Tian