The webinars examine the history, present capabilities, and future of composites science and technology. The goal of the series is to accumulate the vast knowledge of composites that has been developed over the past 50 years and to make it available to the global composites community. Each webinar is an one-hour webex online meeting. It starts with a brief introduction to cdmHUB and the speaker, followed by a 40-45 minutes talk by a world class expert, ended by Q&As between the speaker and audiences.
- September 10, 2020, Anoush Poursartip, Digital disruption of composites manufacturing and design.
- September 24, 2020, Ramesh Talreja, A manufacturing sensitive design strategy for composite materials using physical modeling and stochastic simulation of defects.
- October 8, Kenneth Reifsnider, Defect coupling predicting the strength and Life of fiberous composite laminates.
- October 29, Kevin Potter, Automating the lay-up of geometrically complex composite structures made from preimpregnated reinforcements: a route to a roadmap.
- November 19, Michael Wisnom, The challenges of determining the strength of composites.
- December 3, Suresh Advani, Emerging role of process models and simulations in composites manufacturing.
- January 21, Conchur O Bradaigh, Novel power epoxy composites for thin-section structures.