Global Composites Experts Webinar Series
The webinars examine the history, present capabilities, and future of composites science and technology. The goal of the series is to accumulate the vast knowledge of composites that has been developed over the past 50 years and to make it available to the global composites community. Each webinar is a one-hour Zoom online meeting. It starts with a brief introduction to cdmHUB and the speaker, followed by a 40-45 minutes talk by a world class expert, ended by Q&As between the speaker and audiences.
- September 10, 2020, Anoush Poursartip, Digital disruption of composites manufacturing and design.
- September 24, 2020, Ramesh Talreja, A manufacturing sensitive design strategy for composite materials using physical modeling and stochastic simulation of defects.
- October 8, 2020, Kenneth Reifsnider, Defect coupling predicting the strength and Life of fiberous composite laminates.
- October 29, 2020, Kevin Potter, Automating the lay-up of geometrically complex composite structures made from preimpregnated reinforcements: a route to a roadmap.
- November 19, 2020, Michael Wisnom, The challenges of determining the strength of composites.
- December 3, 2020, Suresh Advani, Emerging role of process models and simulations in composites manufacturing.
- January 21, 2021, Conchur O Bradaigh, Novel power epoxy composites for thin-section structures.
- February 11, 2021, JN Reddy, Recent Developments in Computational Approaches to Model Laminated Composite Shells and Damage and Fracture in Solids.
- March 4, 2021, Klaus Friedrich, Advances in Polymer Composites' Tribology.
- April 1, 2021, Steven Arnold, Practical Developments in Multiscale Modeling of Composites.
- April 22, 2021, R. Byron Pipes, Rheology of Carbon Fiber Thermoplastic Polymer Composites.
- May 13, 2021, Pascal Hubert, Sustainable Manufacturing of Composite Materials.
- June 3, 2021, Nancy Sottos, Control of Reaction Fronts for Rapid Energy-Efficient Manufacturing of Multifunctional Polymers and Composites.
- November 11, 2021, Anthony Waas, A Semi-Discrete Model for Progressive Damage and Failure of Fiber Reinforced Laminates.
- December 9, 2021, Philippe Boisse, Fibrous Shell Approach and 3D Second Gradient Modeling for Textile Composite Draping.
- January 27, 2022, Nobuo Takeda, Fiber-Optic-Based In-Process Monitoring of CFRP Structures for Material Quality Assurance.
- Feb. 24, 2022, Karl Schulte, Composite Materials: Where We are and Where to Go (Mechanical and Electrical Properties of Polymer Composites).
- Mar. 31, 2022, Veronique Michaud, Capillary Effects in Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composite Processing, A Zoom on the Flow Front.
- Apr. 14, 2022, Francois Trochu, The Story of Permeability in “Liquid Composite Molding (LCM): How to Devise and Validate Process Simulation Software?
- May 12, 2022, Wim Van Paepegem, Multiscale Modeling of Damage Mechanics of Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites From Micro- to Macroscale: The (Virtual) Reality and Challenges Ahead.
- November 10, 2022, T. E. Tay, Adaptive Multi-Scale & Multi-Fidelity Progressive Failure Analysis of Composites.
- December 8, 2022, Stephen W Tsai, Master Laminates to Simplify Design, Manufacturing, and Testing of Composites.
- February 2, 2023, Charles Tucker, Fiber Orientation Prediction for Discontinuous Fiber Composites: Fundamentals and Future Trends
- March 9, 2023, Steven Nutt, Imparting Robustness to Out-of-Autoclave Prepregs
- April 6, 2023, Frank Henning, M3 – A Sustainable Approach to Vehicle Light-weighting with Composites: Methods – Materials – Manufacturing
- May 18, 2023, Remko Akkerman, Composites Forming Simulations - on Physics & Data, Accuracy & Applicability
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: