Close

Forum

GMSH cannot run

1. feng liu

Hello All,

Using Gmsh, I can get the K file, but when I click ‘run’ , the command window displays ‘not an internal or external command, nor a runnable program or batch file. ’

I don't know what's wrong.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to feng liu

1. Xin Liu

I just tested the code with a simple example and it works.

Could you please refer to this example "https://cdmhub.org/groups/yugroup/wiki/MainPage/ID:Gmsh4SCtutorials/Gmsh:analysisofacompositelaminatedbeam", particular the section "3. Macroscopic Analysis for the Beam". Please follow ALL the steps in this section and you should be able to get the structural responses.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Xin Liu

2. Xin Liu

Also, please note that you need to define several parameters in the INP file before clicking "Run", which is also listed in the previous link.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Xin Liu

1. feng liu

The desktop version is still displayed ‘E:\AnalySwift\SwiftComp\ccx.exe' Not an internal or external command, nor a runnable program’。The cloud version still displays' failure! Output file is not found !The cloud version was tried a few days ago, and homogenization was successful.

Report abuse

3. Xin Liu

I am not sure about the desktop version, but the cdmhub version should work. Could you please take screenshots for the structural analysis steps? Just like what in the tutorial manual (see attached).

Capture.JPG

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Xin Liu

1. feng liu

Thank you very much for your reply. Your reply enables me to successfully establish a macro model in the cloud version. The screenshot of the problem of using the cloud version yesterday is attached. Today, the cloud version is used smoothly. The macro model of the beam is successfully analyzed. In the last few steps, the connection is interrupted, resulting in the interruption of the analysis (mentioned in the second half of the annex).

The desktop version is still unsuccessful, and the relevant screenshots have been sent to the file 'desktop version'. I guess my package lacks' CCX 'related components. If I have any mistakes, please point them out.

Report abuse

4. Wenbin Yu

For desktop version, have you downloaded the corresponding executables? You need SwiftComp and the code for the global analysis. 

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Wenbin Yu

5. Xin Liu

Glad to know that the cloud version works. For the desktop version, you need SwiftComp.exe and ccx.exe as Dr. Yu mentioned.

However, I would suggest you use the cloud version in case there are missing libs in your local computer for ccx and/or gmsh.

Reply Report abuse

Replying to Xin Liu

1. feng liu

Thank you and Dr. Yu. Your reply has taught me a lot of relevant knowledge.

I know swiftcomp.exe needs to apply for a trial version. Where can I download ccx.exe.In the resource download page, there are only ccx files, not ccx .exe file.

Report abuse

6. Xin Liu

I would still highly recommend you use the cloud version. If you have to use the desktop version, you need to recompile the ccx.exe on your local computer. Note ccx is the Linux executable file. The source files have been modified due to the added beam analysis function, so there are no executable ccx.exe available and you have to compile ccx.exe on your computer because it is related to your computer settings.

If you have experience in compiling the code, it would be fine. Just download the source file and compile it. If you haven't complied any open source codes before, compiling the code may take you weeks or even months. So again, using the cloud version is the best option.

Cancel Report abuse

Replying to Xin Liu

1. feng liu

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll use the cloud version for the time being and try the desktop version after I'm proficient in compiling code.

Report abuse